Old Oaks Civic Association Meeting Minutes
May 11, 2015
Attendees: Geno Smith, David Gray, Belinda Morgan, Latricia Sparks, Tony Jackson, Ilia Jackson, Amy Knight, Vivian Peterson, Michael Herman, Molly Hogue, Keith Early, Wayne Lafaber, Bryan
- Current Total Balance – $4,587.27
- Pay Pal is available to purchase Old Oaks tickets.
Thank you to Doug Gildow, Kip and Sharon Holley, David Gray, Geno Smith, Molly Hogue
Please check the website and facebook for the times which are every Sunday in May.
Thank you to everyone who helped hang flags this year!
Thank you Jesse Pearson, Ryan Resieger, David Gray, Molly Hogue, Tony and Ilia Jackson, Jim Jasperse, Jeff & Kylie Smith, Michael Herman, Geno Smith
Children’s Hospital has given another $500 grant for flags this year. We still need some additional flags.
We would like to use $100 of OOCA money for flags, flag pole and hardware for Ohio and Champion.
- 10 Yes
- 0 No
- 0 Abstentions
Next copy will be coming out in the next month or so. Volunteers who would like to pass newsletters out when they are ready:
- Belinda Morgan & Vivian Peterson: Oakwood
- David Gray: Wilson
- Michael Herman: Linwood
- David Fawcett & Wayne Lafaber: Ohio and Champion
- Tony Jackson: Bedford & Kimball
ListServe Update: Please make sure that Molly has your email address if you are not getting neighborhood emails. Please send her an email with your information at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Wednesday’s On the Porch (WOTP) is almost here!
Check your newsletter, the website or facebook for each Wednesday’s location.
The first one will be held on May 27th between Molly Hogue and David Clarkson’s House and Geno Smith’s House (660 & 668 Wilson Avenue).
A 50/50 Raffle will be held at each of the WOTP this year as a fun way to raise money for OOCA. No one is required to participate.
- Home & Garden Tour is on Saturday, May 30th from 3-8 pm. You can buy tickets at pay pal or where the tour starts at Holy Rosary St. John’s Church.
- A summer event (previously the wine tasting) will be held on Saturday, July 25th. It will be titled, “Old Oaks is Wonderland” as a play on words from “Alice in Wonderland”. Please see the website and facebook for more information.
Tree Planting Update: David Gray spoke to the city forester Chad. He said that he didn’t have funding for this spring but that he will plant them in the fall. David, Geno and Molly collected addresses from Old Oaks by walking the neighborhood and we hope that the city will come through with the massive planting in the fall.
- We have heard that the two houses on Wilson that have applied for the city grant money over a year ago will receive the funding once the homeowners have submitted their specifications.
- The quad on 728 Linwood should be torn down in the next 60 days. This is a property that we have been requesting to have demolished for ~3 years.
Chic Harley Memorial Garden: The sculpture should be installed by May 30th in time for the garden tour. Volunteers are needed for planting. If you are interested in helping, please contact Lucy Wolfe at: email@example.com
Mulch/Flower Pickup: This Saturday, May 16th meet at David Gray’s house (642 Wilson Avenue) at 9 am to help spread mulch.
Mooberry Avenue has massive speeding. This is a concern. We would like to get the city involved. Speed bumps were discussed among the group. Having signs with their speed may help. We would like to see if cops can be more involved on tracking speeding cars on Mooberry as well as Oakwood. We could ask other communities what they do to slow down speeding cars.
June 8, 2015 will start at 6:30 pm. The first half hour is for block watch and our Columbus Police Officer Liaison will be present to discuss any neighborhood crime concerns.
7:00 pm is the start of the usual association meeting.